- Number of NIHR portfolio trials since 2010–
- commercial interventional & observational trials: EMPHASIS –HF, IMROVE-IT, PARADIGM-HF, S-FLEX, ORION-IV, AEGIS-II, Heritage
- non-commercial observational and interventional trials: RAPID-CTCA, SUPPORT HF-II, EVAREST-I, EVAREST –II, EUROASPIRE-V, ADIPOREDOX, ORFAN-1, ORFAN-4, NOAH-AFNET, EURO-observational Research Programme – NSTEMI registry, TARGET-CTCA, Cardiac-Care, Cari-Health, ACRE-CTA.
- Original own account studies NIHR portfolio listed: (HYBRID, VECTRA-CEB project on 4 separate modules, CHESS – project)
- Original own account studies Non-NIHR portfolio listed (FINESSE, CCTA- CCAA, ACTIVE-LVOT study, CCTA-Extra-cardiac findings audit, Myocarditis-ECHO study, HCM-deformation imaging study)
- Research grant in 2018 of £100k from Sense Research Foundation Boston USA to support the CHESS project as the sole CI/PI. ClinicalTrials.gov Id: NCT03448861
- Collaborative NIHR Accelerated Research Fund with Oxford and Leeds 1.4M of which 175k is MK support over 3 years,
- NIHR AI Accelerated Award phase 2 with Oxford and Caristo, has recently been awarded (to be announced in June by the Secretary of State for health and Social Care (440k),
- BBSCR submitted Grant application with Cranfield University and UCL ” EchoPatch: An Artificial Intelligence-powered adhesive patch-based echocardiography technology” (250k).
Teaching – As for the higher academic degrees at MKUH in cardiovascular research:
- FC (EoE registrar rotation) as a MPhil student registered with UoB jointly supervised by prof Clapham and recently by Prof. Zaibi (2017-20).
- UI (EoM registrar rotation) PhD student for 2 years (registered at University of Leicester),
- MSc student in Engineering at Cranfield University co-supervising in studies AI in cardiac imaging – US, May – July 2021)
- Other joint registered MSc in Cardiology student (Surrey University cardiology SpR) in 2019.